Through the years, Farm to Market has developed recipes that showcase our breads and bring out the finest in all ingredients. Here we share some of them. You will find them easy to do, yet unbelievably flavorful.
Please feel free to email us your favorite recipes with Farm to Market breads. We would love to post them on our website and facebook page. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breakfast Crostini – Italian Style
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten, preferably local raised, cage free
- 1 Roma tomato cored and finely diced
- 1 heaping teaspoon of capers
- 4 – 5 chopped basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 – 8 thin slices of Italian bread.
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- Fresh grated imported Parmesan cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan on medium low heat. When butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir slowly until the eggs begin to form small curds then add the tomato, capers, basil. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook a few minutes more until the eggs are just barely firm. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly butter one side of each slice of Italian bread. Arrange on baking sheet and bake in 400 degree oven until lightly toasted.
- Mound eggs onto bread rounds, shave Parmesan over the tops an serve immediately.
Other additions: Pancetta sliced in strips and cooked until crisp, fresh blanched Asparagus. (Add both to eggs while they are cooking).
- 4 slices French Farm, cut about ¾” thick
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, peeled and cut in half
- High quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Fresh ground black pepper
- Grill or toast the bread on both sides until golden brown but still a little soft in the middle.
- Rub one side of each slice of bread with the cut garlic cloves. Garlic will break down as it is rubbed into bread.
- Drizzle garlic side of bread with the olive oil, season with Salt and Pepper, cut into wedges or quarters and serve.
Makes 4 Bruschetta
Pepper, Goat Cheese and Olive Tapenade
- 1 Loaf of Crisp Ciabatta cut in half lengthwise
- 4 Roasted Red Peppers (or one whole jar) cut into quarters.
- 2 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher/ Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons capers drained
- 4 Tablespoons of store bought olive tapenade
- 11 oz Goat cheese at room temperature (can be herbed or plain)*
- 8 to 10 Arugula leaves (or enough to cover the sandwich)
- 3 to 4 thin slices of red onion
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl then add the sliced red peppers and capers to the mixture (Mixture can be made ahead and refrigerated to blend the flavors).
- Spread the bottom half of the ciabatta with the olive tapenade then the goat cheese.
- Add the red peppers (reserving marinade), arugula, and onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush the remaining oil and vinegar mixture from the red peppers onto the cut side of the ciabatta top half.
- Cut vertically to serve.
Serves 4 to 6
Grilled Veggie Sandwiches
This is a great sandwich made ahead and then let the flavors of the vegetables soak into the Ciabatta.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise about ¼” thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise about ¼” thick
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise about ¼” thick
- 4 scallions cleaned and trimmed
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 2 roasted red peppers peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil for brushing on the vegetables
- Sun-dried tomato and olive spread (recipe below or your favorite store bought)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Crisp Ciabatta sliced horizontally (lengthwise)
- 1 cup grated or sliced Fresh Asiago, Black Diamond Aged Cheddar, or other sharp, dry cheese.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until tender.
- When cooled cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Liberally spread the sun-dried tomato and olive mixture on each side of the Ciabatta.
- Layer the vegetables on the bottom half of the bread.
- Top with the grated cheese then cover with the top half of the bread.
- Press down and wrap tightly with plastic food film or aluminum foil. If you are not serving immediately, place the sandwich in the refrigerator with a brick on top. Let marinate overnight.
Before serving: Heat in 350 degree oven in aluminum foil just long enough to re-crisp bread. Slice vertically and serve.